Hazelnuts (filberts)

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Sat Sep 8 11:29:57 EDT 2001

Regards to the list:

This year, along the road and ditches and for the first time since we've
lived here, the hazelnut bushes are loaded with nuts.  When do we harvest
the nuts?  I picked a few clusters and some dropped to the ground and I got
them.  Should I get them all now or wait until they turn brown?  What do I
do with them after I get them all?  The little brown nuts are difficult to
separate from the clusters.  I don't want to let them go to waste - this
may be the only crop we get this year.

Thanks,

Marie in Missouri