Home schoolers and the farm

Jim and Julie Vaughn jjvaughn at juno.com
Thu Sep 6 11:19:42 EDT 2001

Just wanted to get ideas from the list about kids on the farm.   We have
agreed to host a group of homeschoolers once or twice a month from
October to May to give them some hands-on farm experience and to learn
where their food comes from.  They will be in two groups of five - ten
and over/ ten and under.   We need some ideas on projects for both age
groups.  We grow for market and also have cattle, sheep, goats and swine
so there are many possibilities.  We are also planning to start a small
orchard so that will be a good project for the older group.  We probably
need more ideas for the younger group as well as any thoughts on their
abilities, attention span, etc.  Projects for those days when it is too
cold or wet to be outside would be greatly appreciated.

Rocky Glade Farm
Jim & Julie Vaughn
Eagleville, TN
615-274-3496