Irradiated mail and seeds

Lucy Owsley goodows at infinet.com
Sun Oct 28 06:56:05 EST 2001

I have been hearing about the plan to irradiate the mail as a defense
against anthrax. What will this do to seeds shipped through USPS? Will
it kill them or mutate them? What about certified organic seed? Will
irradiation null and void their organicness?

I realize that Fedex, UPS etc. are not irradiating (as of yet) and that
the USPS is using a facility in Lima, OH for the first few batches of
mail but I have heard that the postal service is going to zap all mail soon.
It's probably just as well that chicks cannot be sent through the US
mails any longer

--

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong
									Voltaire (1694-1778)