Where is everyone/cover crops

Lucy Owsley goodows at infinet.com
Sun Oct 28 06:51:48 EST 2001

Mary,

We plant a flat leafed mustard but I forget what it is called, I think
it is from Johnny's originally but we have been saving this seed for
years so I am not sure. We have also use red giant mustard as a cover
and have decided next fall to go all red ('cause it is so pretty). Yes
you can use the seeds as a condiment and the leaves as dinner. But I
would avoid letting the stuff ever go to seed because than you would
have a nasty weed problem.

Rye and clover would be good to plant now. You should probably get your
garlic in before the cover crops as it seems winter is just about here.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong
									Voltaire (1694-1778)