Where is everyone

mckemie at inetport.com mckemie at inetport.com
Sat Oct 27 21:27:56 EDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:26:54PM -0400, HackettShark at aol.com wrote:
> Did I get dropped off the list????????   Everyone can't be that busy.  I'm
> working on getting gardens tilled up and seeded to Winter Rye at the present.
>  It got down to 19 here last night so I guess I'm done for sure now.  Is

Here in central Texas, we had a risk of frost a little over a week ago,
but missed it.  Balmy weather for the foreseeable future, lows in the
50s, highs in the 70s or 80s, though we got up to 92 a few days ago.
Fall tomatoes are just starting as are green beans.  Still picking okra.
Squash, cucumbers, southern peas, greens, persimmons, pecans, and a few
melons are in the markets.  Planting spinach and carrots.  We expect a
freeze in the next month or maybe two.  Farmers markets are horribly
slow.

--
Willie  Onward! Through the Fog! http://austinfarm.org/homegrown
Are YOU a html abuser? http://www.firstbite.co.nz/training/easemail