EPA and BioTech Corn

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Fri Oct 19 09:04:45 EDT 2001

Good morning, Kevin!
    Is this an article?  Can you forward the source of it?

    There is also research that refutes these claims about no damages.  I
don't want to get into an article war,  but I do want to remind people that
the EPA and the National Academy of Sciences have tarnished records in terms
of the interests of the greater good.  They have been compromised in many
ways by corporate interests and profits, and politics.

    One good book that addresses this topic rather thoroughly is _Trust Us,
We're Experts_  by Sheldon Rampton and John Stauber.  There is a whole
chapter on Arpad Pusztai, and genetically engineered foods.
                                Jill
http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=1AJ5DML4UR&
mscssid=NSL7370G85PB9G9G5XCWGSF974570S9A&salesurl=Rbarnesandnoble.com/&isbn=
158542059X
reviews: From Publisher Weekly - (December 4, 2000)
Rampton and Stauber's impassioned call for skepticism goes beyond
rhetoric-they offer practical guidelines for separating propaganda from
useful information.