Update On Shipping Fowl

Lucy Owsley goodows at infinet.com
Fri Oct 12 08:25:39 EDT 2001

I received the following info today from a poultry list, and am passing
it on.

Before anyone gets excited, this does NOT mean the bill
has passed, it still needs a LOT of support to offset the
damage done by the animal rights extremists, so we will
have to continue writing letters to politicians to support it.

It also does NOT mean Northwest has changed its recent
policy.  It only means the FAA feels it is again safe to ship
birds and animals that are normally mailed.

What this DOES mean is that for the postal locations NOT
served exclusively by Northwest Airlines, it is now possible
again to ship birds.  I am going to take a TON of birds to
the PO early next week!!

Permission granted to cross post, as long as this email is
kept intact (including the introduction above, and Steve's
letter below).

cheers,   laurie (Mother Mastiff)
Rare Poultry Breeders 2 at Yahoogroups  (list owner)

--------------------------8<---------------------------------

Dear Folks:

If you have not been informed, the Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA) has informed the United States Postal Service (USPS) that it
can now accept live animals for air mail cargo. Some individual
post offices may not received "the word" but you should have them
check with the USPS.

Best wishes.
Steve
Stephen S. Boynton, Counsel
North American Gamebird Association
Bird Shippers of America

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong
									Voltaire (1694-1778)