Dock in pasture

Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai potzkai at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:21:26 EDT 2001

Hi Ron, we were looking at leasing land that had common burdock growing on
it - approx 4 acres of it.  Common burdock prefers a rich, fertile and moist
growing condition, with this in mind we believed the soil would be great for
vegies.  Research showed that burdock should be easy to control with
cultivation, I believe it would also depend on how much and how deep the
weed seed would be.  A site for easy description and recommendations is
www.gov.mb.ca/  - look under agriculture, then crops and weeds.

If anyone has experienced this weed and attempted different methods of
control please post your experiences, I would appreciate hearing them.
Jacqueline