Dock in pasture

Miranda Smith miranda3 at optonline.net
Thu Oct 11 07:44:10 EDT 2001

Dock has a really long taproot, so flaming is not effective unless you repeat it at close intervals--everytime it sprouts some new leaves, you burn them out. The idea is the same as mowing every week to 10 days for the whole season: eventually the roots run out of stored nutrients and the plant actually dies.

I doubt that boiling water would work well, again because of the long tap root.

I don't know if you can sell other kinds of dock root, other than burdock. Harvesting it is a challenge. So much so that most of the people who sell it grow it in nice loose soil so they can dig it easily.

Miranda Smith