Sorrel

jay gee jgj23 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 3 09:46:19 EDT 2001

Marie wrote:

>Funny thing; NOW that I don't care if I have them or not, I'm getting CSA
>customers for next year.  One of them has asked for sorrel.  I may be
>wrong, but I think it grows wild in these parts.  Can anyone please tell me
>what they know about growing sorrel and how it is used?  I don't know how
>to recognize it.  So far, I've not found anything in any of my books.

Hi Marie,

This may sound goofy, but I have a vague memory of reading recipes
for wild sorrel in the Boy Scout Handbook section on edible wild plants.

The only problem is that I was in the Boy Scouts 40 years ago and
don't have a clue to where my Handbook is.  Maybe you can ask
some of the older and younger Boy Scouts you know to see if they
have a copy, or check with a local library.

As a long shot, you could try the Boy Scouts of America web site,
but I'm not sure they are teaching much that is valuable these days
what with their organizational gay-bashing and all...

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming