quince

Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai potzkai at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:50:44 EDT 2001

David - You sound like the perfect candidate to become a member of a new
branch of the Secret Society - the SQS (Secret Quince Society) shhh!  No one
even knows of its existance.

Now onto some not so secretive stuff.  I thought I would share something
that I had learned this year - you may already know of it.  The forums for
chefs and those who just really enjoy the culinary arts is an excellent
place for finding a market for those specialty items.  I found a market
there to sell our Schatten Morello's for $4.00/lb.  We sold out again this
year - but it was a tough sell as many don't know what to do with them -
unfortunately we found the $4/lb customers when our crop was gone.  The
quince trees above the property we farmed produces heavy yields - it would
be a shame to lose even one of those fruits to due to a lack of customers.
Good luck with your crops, Jacqueline