finding farmer's markets

HackettShark at aol.com HackettShark at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 09:52:07 EST 2001

In a message dated 12/27/01 6:45:15 PM Central Standard Time,
jgj23 at mindspring.com writes:

> Find a market with a good location and high traffic

One thing that Jay left out is find a market that has good management, I mean
not managed by another Vendor, these markets tend to be too much to their
favor as far as were you are allowed to sell at , and other considerations.
I was in a market this last summer that was set up so only two of the venders
really had any traffic, the rest of us vendors were a long ways to walk for
the customers, so needless to say they would go the these two guys and go
back to thier cars.  And by the way we were paying the same fee's.  This
creates a lot of problems.  They only was allowing in other venders so they
could have enought vendors in their market to accept WIC checks (min of 5
vendors).

Phil from Iowa