Hoop Houses again

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sat Dec 22 21:24:32 EST 2001

I'm installing a small hoop house (an Atlas 'cold frame') It's about
36 ft long. I seem to remember that it's important to 'bury' sheet
insulation on the outside of the greenhouse to prevent ice from
creeping through the soil into the greenhouse if one is 4 season
gardening. Furthermore, I seem to remember that those sheets of
insulation should be canted at certain angles to further prevent
pentration by the winter cold.

Can anyone tell me how think the insulation should be, how deeply it
should be buried and what is the best angle to 'cant' it at?

Thanks!

-Allan Balliett
Loudoun Co, VA