Virus alert

mckemie at austinfarm.org mckemie at austinfarm.org
Fri Dec 14 12:38:28 EST 2001

> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi, all:<BR><BR>I got this virus and chances are
> you have it, too, since you are all in my <BR>address book; that's how it's
> transferred (even though there's no <BR>attachment)!&nbsp; The person who sent
> me this alert told me that it lies dormant <BR>for 14 days, and then kills your
> hard drive.&nbsp; Here's how to stop it.&nbsp; If <BR>you've got it, send this
> to everyone in your address book. Remove it by <BR>following these

May I point out, again, that these are almost certainly MICROSOFT
viruii?  You people that get them are being victimized by the criminal
corporation, microsoft.  I have just finished reading "Pride Before the
Fall", by John Heilemann; I recommend it to all.

I haven't noticed any coming from unc.edu, they probably filter them
out of mailing lists.  As ALL attachments should be filtered out of
mailing lists.

--
Willie  Onward! Through the Fog! http://austinfarm.org/homegrown
Linux system uptime  51 days  4 hours 51 minutes