Virus alert

Tom Wikstrom wikstrom at inovion.com
Fri Dec 14 11:37:44 EST 2001

Hi, all:

I got this virus and chances are you have it, too, since you are all in my
address book; that's how it's transferred (even though there's no
attachment)!  The person who sent me this alert told me that it lies dormant
for 14 days, and then kills your hard drive.  Here's how to stop it.  If
you've got it, send this to everyone in your address book. Remove it by
following these steps:

1.  Go to "start" (the "Start" icon at the bottom-left of your screen)--then
to "find or search" (depending on your computer).

2.  In the "search for files or folders" type sulfnbk.exe -- this is the
virus.

3. In the "look in" make sure you're searching Drive C.

4.  Hit "search" button (or "find").

5.  If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the
name "sulfnbk.exe):
         DO NOT OPEN IT!!

6.  Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click.

7.  It will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin; say yes.

8.  Go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double-click on the
Recycle Bin.

9.  Right click on sulfnbk.exe  and delete again-- or empty the bin.

If you find it, be sure to send this e-mail to everyone in your address book
so they can get rid of it!!

Tom Wikstrom