Seeds and Organic Certification

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us
Thu Dec 13 12:21:50 EST 2001

And, boy is that a can of worms - equivalent - what if they decide, in their
collective wisdom, that a totally inappropriate variety is 'equivalent' to a
variety that is one of our mainstays and that mainstay is not available as
organic seed?  We'll just have to 'wait and see' I guess.  March 2002 is a
little late for the 2002 growing season. We're buying organic seed when we
can, but it's still a small percentage of our total seed order.
Johnny's,Fedco and Territorial are doing a great job making as much
available as possible.  Alison Wiediger