the big 'O' question

Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai potzkai at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:08:36 EST 2001

At our farmers market you are not allowed to use the words PESTICIDE or
HERBICIDE or FUNGICIDE as in "Pesticide free", etc.  I can understand how
limiting 'organic' is a good thing in many ways, many years ago I purchased
40 lbs of organic peaches for canning just to find that the farmer was only
using the term but not the practise.  However, limiting the use of 'pestide'
I find is quite confusing, why can't one say that they don't use pesticides
if they actually don't, we all know that our farms can be inspected at any
time for proof of our claims.  But, for some reason everyone is allowed to
use "SPRAY" as in "Spray Free".  Why?......
Jacqueline