cedar apple rust

Joan Vibert joan at windwalker-farm.com
Wed Dec 5 18:38:38 EST 2001

Dorene ­ you may have apple varieties that are resistant to cedar apple rust
­ there¹s lots of them.  A good supplier of nursery stock that specializes
in apples will usually have a list in their catalog of those resistant
varieties.  Bear Creek Nursery in Washington has good info in their catalog.
We have eastern red cedars everywhere around us and learned the hard way
about cedar apple rust but I¹ve not noticed it on the quince ­ although our
quince isn¹t particularly productive either ­ do they need a pollinator?
Ours was blooming last week, however.

check your trees varieties before you start spraying them.

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas