Winter growing in Zone 3 & 4

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Tue Dec 4 12:48:38 EST 2001

When its zero outside at night its no more than 5-8* in the hoophouse, most cold hardy stuff will survive but get tip burn after sunup, then start to rot, you can cover beds on ground with plastic and get better protection,using rowcover material scratches tender leaves,I use a heater set at 35* and that solves everything except making a profit...Bob.