Hoophouses VS Snow

Joan Vibert joan at windwalker-farm.com
Mon Dec 3 09:33:34 EST 2001

Jacqueline - you guessed it - it doesn't take long to fill your boots and
sleeves with the cold stuff from the outside!

I want to know how your strawberries were this year - I plan to go back and
read your description of how you mulched and planted them - I lost most of
mine to foxtail that I couldn't get pulled because it was too tough, dry and
hot.  What I have remaining I want to move in early spring into mulched beds
and then I'll add more.  I was looking at the 5 year mulch in Johnny's this
morning at breakfast and it appears to be what I need.  What did you use and
where did you get it, etc.  I am determined to have organic strawberries but
I have to be able to handle the weeds - they always come when I have tons
more to do (I guess we could all say that) and are right around the base of
the strawberry plant (how do they figure that out?).

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas

p.s. its good to see conversation again