Purple Loosestrife was Pond Plants

Mmneedham at aol.com Mmneedham at aol.com
Thu Aug 30 06:47:28 EDT 2001

In a message dated 08/30/2001 12:50:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
echoecho at bedford.heartland.net writes:

> Its against the law to plant purple loosestrife in many states.  I know it
> is in Iowa.
>
> I would argue that planting a noxious weed like loosestrife is very,. very
> unsustainable.

And well it should be against the law!!  As I drive the New England roads
this time of year, I see it blooming everywhere!  It is absolutely gorgeous,
and it is a dreadful alien invasive that will take over acres of land and
crowd out all native plants in the process.

Marj