Plant Activators

sunnfarm at netscape.net sunnfarm at netscape.net
Fri Aug 17 21:35:00 EDT 2001

In my county there are more than one hundred eggplant growers with 1-5 acres devoted to this crop which is usually quite profitable, potato beetle is a major pest, I saw a nice demonstration plot where eggplants were treated with a material called Messenger and another called Actigard, they stimulate the plants natural ability to repel insects, treated rows were almost insect free, untreated rows to the right and left were damaged.

Messenger and Actigard are not actually pesticides and I hope to make use of them in the future, I cannot say they are approved for organic production but anything that can safely control CPB is worth looking at...Bob.

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.