cover crops

pech pech9 at rocketmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:05:22 EDT 2001

Hi all....I'm working on building my soil with cover crops. I plan on
doing several plantings before we start using the space for cash crops.
Right now we're not certified but plan on it as soon as we can. My
question is seed for cover crops. If I plant non organic seed now, will
that cause a problem with certification? I want to plant as thick as
possible, but organic seed is hard to come by around here, and after
shipping and such it's expensive to mail order. I know I need to
contact my extension agent for the final say so, but I wanted your
opinions. Thanks Dave, Fern Creek Ky