"Minor" subdivisions of land

Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai potzkai at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:26:41 EDT 2001

I live in Kelowna, BC, on what is called the wine route, just down the road
from our home is the Bennett estate home, the original home of our social
leader.  About a 1/2 hour drive from our home is another of several
properties owned by the Bennett family.  This property was under the ALR up
until 2 - 3 years ago when it was removed from ALR to be sold to Western
Star for expansion - and an exchange of property to the Bennett's was agreed
upon.  Western Star ended up being sold to an Ontario company that was to
our understanding affiliated with the US.  Now prime ALR land has become
commercial land, unfortunately even our regulations for agriculture don't
stick if you know the right people.

This can give you a bit of historical info on our Agriculture Land
Commission: Stakes in the Ground: Provincial Interest in ...
http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/polleg/quayle/append_b.htm