Cut flower prices

Aufdenkampe Family Farm ddovala at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 20:10:04 EDT 2001

Question to cut flower growers.  I sell about 70 bouquets a week at my fruit and vegetable roadside stand.  I have so many flowers :)  that I want to sell some by the stem (the more prolific ones). I have no idea how to price them.  I checked the USDA pricing but it was Greek to me.
I am looking at selling some zinnias, cosmos, celosia, feverfew and ammi.  Can you all give me some idea the prices that you get.  I get $4.75 a bouquet consisting of about 12 long stems, and I do some shorter bouquets in a smaller sleeve at $3.75.

Thanks,
Sandy
www.afamilyfarm.com

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/