BER

gutierrez-lagatta gutierrez-lagatta at home.com
Wed Aug 8 08:38:29 EDT 2001

Marcie and Bill, if we REALLY want to get technical I believe that BER
is caused by a lack of calcium UPTAKE, not a lack of calcium.  There
may be adequate calcium in the soil or in the case of hydroponics,
which is how I grow, in the nutrient solution. BUT, if the pH is off
or the ratios among critical nutrients is out of balance, the plants
will not be able to absorb the available calcium.