Hillbilly tomatoes

William McKay bmckay55 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 5 10:12:01 EDT 2001

A question.  Are you are growing other tomato varieties and are the
Hillbilly  the only ones so affected?  If so, it would rule out the typical
reasons for blossom end rot.  You may have something seed borne.

I have grown Hillbilly in the past, and although they drove me crazy with
their shy production and virtual inability to transport them with out
bruising them, BER was never a problem.

Regards

Bill McKay at growitalian.com

>Good morning  --  This is our first year growing Hillbilly tomatoes.  We
>are
>having terrible problems with blossom end rot.  Is BER typically a problem
>with this variety?  Any thoughts?  Thanks!  --  Tom

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts  and   www.growitalian.com    Distributor of
Italian Vegetable Seeds from Franchi Sementi, spa, Bergamo, Italy.  Seedsmen
since 1783.