radishes

Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai potzkai at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 09:47:58 EDT 2001

Hi, this year I recieved some seed from the Mediterrain for radish, it grows
to 12" diameter and looks like a regular red radish except it is huge, we
also grew many other mainstream varieties as well.  I pulled a few for
market the other day they are about 6" now (took about 6 weeks to get to
this stage) some looked good and some had the appearance of crusty cake on
their skin, a few of my other types of radish have this too.  What causes
this?  The soil was prepared with ashes and compost.  Also would any of you
have suggestions for growing radish?  I would appreciate the help.  Thanks,
Jacqueline