Cinnamon Basil for tea?

Alliums garlicgrower at snip.net
Wed Aug 1 20:13:17 EDT 2001

Hi, Folks!

I grew cinnamon basil last year and really liked it, but was totally stymied
as to what to do with it.  Then, I saw on the Seeds of Change website that
cinnamon basil is the "finest of the tea basils."  Personally, I had never
known that one drank basil as a tea, but since I had seed, I planted it and
have been drinking it.

I find it a refreshing tea on hot days -- almost as good as peppermint tea.
The rest of my neighbors seem to hate it, so I'm drinking it mostly alone.

Is cinnamon basil the next tea sensation for the discriminating palate or am
I just weird? ;-)  Any other way I could be using it to make the neigbhors
happy -- it *does* grow well and smells *great*! :-D

Thanks!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of