Greenhouses

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at Hart.k12.ky.us
Fri Sep 22 12:31:50 EDT 2000

A green house in that size range will be more expensive per square foot as
it is considered "hobby". That said, we have a 14x30 that we like very much.
We got it from Turner Greenhouses.  It is bolt-together galvanized steel,
double poly, automatic heat and ventilation. We put it on a 4x4 treated
lumber foundation, and we use it for all our transplants for our 12 month
organic produce, cut flower, perennial operation.  It gets a little crowded
about March 1, but soon empties out as we start transplanting March 15
(outdoors- brassicas, unheated tunnels-tomatoes and other tender crops).

Ours is 9 years old and has only had plastic replaced as maintenance.

http://www.turnergreenhouses.com/

Ours started as a 14x18 and was expanded 2 years ago when we expanded our
production.  If you want a larger greenhouse, there are many good ones on
the market.  Prices/sqft will be a lot lower, but they will cost a lot to
heat in your winters.  Let me know if I can help further.

Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com