Lowering pH

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Sat Oct 21 09:53:13 EDT 2000

Hello Charlie, My vegetable co-op's biggest export customer is the Virgin Islands
area so I probably should not try to help you :-) its common to inject acids into
irrigation water to lower Ph and just 5 minutes after receiving your note I came
across one such product in a trade paper called "N-pHuric", by Prodica LLC in Brea
Calif this product is less than 1 pH, such products are not  earthworm friendly
but you decide, you can get past the iron and zinc deficiencies with foliar
fertilizers, check your water supply and have it buffered to a proper level, I had
40 acres of limestone soil with a pH of 8 and OM of 4% that was the most
productive land I ever owned until they built an interstate highway on it, I had
soils tested yearly and had fertilizers custom blended to over come zinc and iron
def., I banded acidifing fertilizers like diammonium phosphate to create a small
low pH zone along each row and it worked out very well
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.