Lowering pH

Peg Cook pegcook at northnet.org
Sat Oct 21 08:12:18 EDT 2000

Robert,
Woodash will raise pH very quickly and will create problems of no growth in
a garden.  I have tested garden soils where folks have applied so much
woodash that the sample is more woodash than soil!  In addition, woodash
could contain heavy metals.

Charlie's soil COULD have a naturally high pH depending on where he lives
and what the parent material is.

Peg Cook, Agronomist
Cook's Consulting

pegcook at northnet.org