cover crop nutrition

artfarmers akbjn at hawaiian.net
Fri Oct 20 13:56:09 EDT 2000

I live in a high rainfall area and am converting from chemical to
organic farming and I am getting an adequate crop from planting  green
beans and soy beans ( edamame) and following with a cover crop.  After
the cover crop I follow with a short crop of greens and radish.  With
this rotation will I need to add minerals or will alternating with a
cover crop provide adequate nutrition.  Will I accumulate too much
nitrogen by covercroppping after each crop. I hope to get two rotations
a year.