Lowering pH

Charlie Shultz aquaponics at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 09:15:01 EDT 2000

Dear Farm-Friends,

I recently established a few large raised beds for vegetable production in
the Virgin Islands (yes, 12 month growing season).  I will soon have a
complete soil analysis done, but managed to get a pH reading yesterday.  My
pH is high, about 8.6.  Unfortunately I have already planted my various
crops and don't know how to lower the pH without stressing the plants.  Can
anyone recommend a method for lowering pH in an established veggie bed?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
Sunny St. Croix