Pollen Drift and Corn

Del Williams delannw at dlogue.net
Mon Oct 16 06:51:04 EDT 2000

I read an opinion on the pollen drift issue early last summer in a flier I
picked up at the University of Illinois extension.  It was the opinion of a
Crop Science Prof. Nafziger (sp?) who indicated that pollen drift from GMO
corn would not be contained by perimeter plantings of non-GMO corn.  In
other words, the buffer plantings won't work because pollen drift ranges
much farther than the recommendations suggest for containment.

I still have the flier but no scanner.  If you want more details from the
flier I'll find a way to upload it.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL