Winter Lettuce

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Sun Oct 15 09:43:24 EDT 2000

You can purchase pre cut 76" long lengths of 3/16 steel wire that are specially made to
support row covers for about 38 cents each, you set them 4-5 feet apart over a 4ft. bed
providing about 12" high tunnel and cover with 1.25 mill tunnel plastic. BTW overwintering
vegetables unprotected works here partly because we have well drained sandy soils that
absorb and slowly release heat and we seldom get temps below 10* above zero...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.