market-farming and csa lists

Peg Cook pegcook at northnet.org
Sat Oct 14 08:45:26 EDT 2000

> Just remember the next garden season starts with planning in two months.
>
> Bill & Linda Barry
> Barry Farm
> http://www.barryfarm.com

Bill & Linda,
I would like to remind everyone that the planning season should start now
with soil sampling of gardens and fields.  Fall is the best time to sample
because one gets a truer picture of what shape the soil is in after the
growing season.  In addition, if the soil needs lime or sulfur, Fall is the
best time to apply this as well.  I offer free soil sampling kits if anyone
is interested.  Please send me a private email if you would like one or have
questions.

Peg Cook, Agronomist
Cook's Consulting
Lowville, NY. 13367