News about the Future of our Food and Farms Summit

MariavHM at aol.com MariavHM at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 15:57:01 EDT 2000

Future of Our Food and Farms Summit

The Future of our Food and Farms Summit will be held Nov. 30-Dec. 1 at the
Hilton in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. This year's theme is "New Connections:
Creating Partnerships in Farming and Food Distribution in the Mid-Atlantic
Region." You'll want to attend if you are involved in farming, food
distribution or hunger prevention efforts in the Middle Atlantic region.

Guest speakers include Dennis Avery of the Center for Global Food Issues and
Rebecca J. Goldburg of  Environmental Defense who will be discussing
genetically modified organisms (GMO's) -- as well as John Ikerd, Ph.D., of
the University of Missouri who will talk about "Reconnecting People through
Food and Farming". Special sessions on youth in agriculture and.......the
premier of a community food security documentary.

For more information:
<A HREF="http://www.ibiblio.org/farming-connection/fffconf/">The Future of
Our Food and Farms</A>
http://www.ibiblio.org/farming-connection/fffconf/
e-mail fmtrust at libertynet.org
or FAX 215 568 0882 or call Meredith Stone 215 568-0830 Ext. 10
-------
please forgive cross-postings!