Horse manure as a fertilizer

Peg Cook pegcook at northnet.org
Fri Oct 6 07:15:51 EDT 2000

Bob,
If your soil tests show that you have sufficient P and K then, I do not
think that you would need to add them at this time.  What you may want to
think about is adding them maybe, every 3 years or so.  I would recommend
you get a soil test done every 3 years as well so you know what needs to be
added.  The other nutrient you may be deficient in is Calcium.  With a
clayey soil, the compost could cause Calcium to become tied up as well as P
and K.

Does this answer your question?  I would still recommend a soil test first
to know where you need to go for adding your soil amendments.

Peg Cook
Cook's Consulting

pegcook at northnet.org