Harvesting chard/kale

Jill Taylor Bussiere jdt at itol.com
Wed Oct 4 22:39:14 EDT 2000

I'm not Mike, but there are many ways!  Last night we had some this way -
saute a small onion and a clove of garlic in olive oil.  Add 1 cup rice, 1
1/2 cups water, 1 pound chopped chard.  Cook for 20 minutes on simmer, then
turn off and let rest for about 15 minutes.  Add 1/4 cup Parmesian cheese,
toss, and serve.  Yum!

Chard balls - remove stem from chard, steam, chop.  Mix in with bread
crumbs, melted butter, Parmesian cheese, sauteed onions and garlic, and 1
egg.  Refrigerate.  Make into ball shapes, and bake in moderate oven for
about 15 minutes.  Yum, yum.

Remove stem, chop, and add to the ricotta or cottage cheese filling of
lasagne.

Make a quiche with it.

Make tea sandwiches by rolling bread flat, spreading an herbed cream cheese
spread, placing a chard leaf on top, and then rolling.  Slice into
pinwheels, and eat.

Etc.
            Jill