tomatoes- brandywine and a question of saving seed.

Miranda Smith Miranda.Smith at creativehomeowner.com
Tue Oct 3 17:17:09 EDT 2000

Yes, it's because of style length. But you can cloak the blossoms with
reemay --well before they are ready to open--and hand-pollinate with a tiny
little brush. That is easy to do  and reliable. Use twist-ties to keep the
covers over the blossom cluster and re-cover them after you pollinate them.
Don't remove the covers until the petals fall. Then tie ribbon around the
stem to let yourself know which tomatoes were hand-pollinated.

Miranda