Small tractor vs. large rototiller

Karen Cannon kp_cannon at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 10:44:16 EDT 2000

Hi Mike,

I bought a BCS with tiller and sickle bar mower 3
years ago and love it. Extremely reliable, easy to
run, and I'm no good with machines. I used to use
tractors when I rented land on a larger farm and found
that I spent more time finding the attachments,
putting everything together, and then fixing whatever
was always broken than I actually did using the
equipment (of course they were not my machines so that
probably made everything more difficult).

I till about an acre with the BCS and it goes pretty
quickly now that the grass/hay is gone. I was doing
about 10 50x3 foot beds in half a day this spring.

Good luck sorting it all out.

Karen

Planet Veg
Maryland, zone 7