sweet potatoes

Quercus99 Quercus99 at excite.com
Wed Nov 22 13:15:22 EST 2000

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:10:58 -0600, market farming wrote:

>  Speaking of sweet potatoes - I planted 'way too many last spring and as a

>  result, there are lots of them still buried in my garden.    We've had
some
>  pretty cold (below freezing) weather lately which came right behind an
>  inch+ rain.  What do you think the chances are of us harvesting any more
>  good sweet potatoes?  Will the rain and the cold ruin them while they're
>
>  still in the ground?

I would imagine they would keep just fine, if better in the ground than if
you dug them up! At least through the winter. I am guessing however, we grew
a small number of sweet potatoes for the first time this year...

Im curiuos where did you get your slips to start the plants last spring?

Cheers,
Greg