market-farming Clarification

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Wed Nov 15 13:20:02 EST 2000

Hi Dori,

I was so impressed with your comment about democracy and Dennis
Avery.  Personally, all I could think of was that I would like to shove his
pesticides and plastic down his throat and see how he likes that.  But, I
am menopausal and cranky and have zero tolerance for people who don't agree
with me.  And I don't think it's going to get any better,
unfortunately.  Thank God for people like you who can keep their wits about
them and try to solve the problems instead of flying off the
handle.  People like me probably should keep our mouths closed, eh?

I am working on my Strawberry Lane Farm brochure to solicit customers to
deliver produce to next year.  I am down to making the form where they sign
up and where it tells how much it costs.  I was looking at your website to
see how you did that, but I couldn't find anything like that.  I received a
few brochures last year from CSA's but I can't find them - I put them where
they wouldn't get lost.  I even bought that book that tells about CSA's but
you guessed it, can't find it either.  The brochures are probably tucked in
the pages of the book.  Yet another bane of time marching on.  I wonder
what CSA's are charging for shares for 2001.  Does anyone have any comments
for me?  Meanwhile I will be scouring the websites.

Marie in Missouri