market-farming Summit

Dawn M. Ripley ripley at iglou.com
Tue Nov 14 16:34:35 EST 2000

>Nice try, guys, but there's a big, big audience you're missing because you
>keep insisting on putting these things out there on weekdays so that
>extension people don't have to be paid overtime for weekend work.  How about
>giving them a day off during the week and offering something like this on a
>Saturday and Sunday so that the many working farmers can attend?

Dori:

I agree with you wholeheartedly.  But as one of those "Extension people"
that gets regularly lambasted on this list, I can assure you that we often
work weekends--in fact, more often than not--and we certainly aren't paid
overtime for our efforts, at least not in Kentucky where I'm an agent.

Dawn

Dawn M. Ripley
Holdfast Farm
5561 Budd Road