UPDATE! Future of Our Food and Farms Summit

Victoria M. Bhavsar toria at pop.uky.edu
Tue Nov 14 10:17:38 EST 2000

What happened with that extension agent?  Is there anything that people on
this list can do to make sure that he is reinstated, should he wish to work
in that area again?  I think that some real grassroots power could be shown
here if the area received a flood of calls, emails, and attention demanding
that this person's First Amendment rights were observed (which is darn well
what it comes down to!)  Or was there something and I (sheepishly ask)
missed it?

Victoria

>They certainly would. Remember the recent post here about the
>extension agent in Virginia who lost his job for following up a letter
>to the editor condeming organic foods written by Avery with one very
>much in support of organic farming and organic farmers.
Victoria M. Bhavsar
Dept. of Agronomy
N106R Ag. Sci. North, UK
Lexington, KY  40546-0091