Problems with harvester ants

Cassie Roth casroth at 9plus.net
Thu Jun 15 14:43:34 EDT 2000

In Texas we have fire ants.  Horrible creatures with a bad bite.

I have used grits before like the other person suggested.  But I used the
instant/quick grits.  The grits are dehydrated and will expand in the ants
stomach and then the ant is deceased.   I hope this will work for you, of
course you couldn't put the grits where it is wet then the grits would
become hydrated.  The worker ants will also carry the grits back to the
queen, without a queen there are no ants (normally).

Cassie Roth
Earthly Edibles
NE Texas