Seed germanation helper?????

Miranda Smith MirandaS at creativehomeowner.com
Mon Jun 5 12:49:00 EDT 2000

I know a trick for parsley--the seeds are coated with a chemical that
inhibits germination until it is washed off. (Similar to Lamb's quarters in
that way.) Anyway, you can speed things up by soaking the parsley seeds for
a day and then putting them in a sieve--set the sieve over a glass near a
sink. Every time you pass it, run some cool water over the seeds, the more
the better. At night, put the seeds in a closed jar with a couple of wet
cotton balls to keep them from drying out. A couple of days of this
treatment and they'll germinate in four or five days.

Miranda