Deer problems - garlic

Lyn Milnes lynmilnes at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 25 23:07:42 EDT 2000

Hello,
I'm new on this list, from New Zealand where I have some acres and not much
time.

I just thought I would comment to Don who spread a sewage plant product near
his grapevines then became concerned about it, that I think he was
absolutely right to be concerned.   In this country, all the filthy heavy
industrial chemicals and waste are tipped down the sewers.   When they
filter off the sewage sludge and try to sell it for paddock-spread or
fertiliser or whatever, they are offering us a ripe mix of heavy metals,
organo-chlorines, possibly dioxins, PCBs, every nasty the mind can think of.

Best wishes,
Lyn