Great Pyrennes

ORGVEGFARM at aol.com ORGVEGFARM at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 21:33:36 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/24/00 6:39:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
weiker at netzero.net writes:

<< I'd like to know more about Great Pyrenees.  Did you have to train the dog
 to rid your place of deer or is it natural for them.  I've lost all my
 raspberries and strawberries and hate to replant until I find an affordable
 solution.  Thanks >>

Try this web site:  http://www.servtech.com/~kreiter/pfne/pyrlinks.html

Its is the list of Great Pyrenees rescue groups.  We recently bought 2 Pyrs
to guard our livestock.  The adult (3 years old) is great, but we are having
trouble with the puppy (7 months) "playing" with the chickens and killing
them.  I'm hoping its just puppy playing and that he will outgrow it.  We are
now keeping her in a pen during the day when the chickens are loose and
letting her out at night when the chickens roost.  Anyone else ever have this
problem with chickens?  Any suggestions?

Cathy, Churchill Mt. Farm, NY